My Story

Monday 5 March 2018

My Hiatus

I haven’t really touched the blog this year. It’s not because I’ve lost interest. There’s a few topics I want to tackle and I did say on Twitter that they were upcoming but I found that thinking about these things put me in a dark mental place, so I’ve hit repeated roadblocks. For example, the subject of assisted dying - a topic I have a great interest in (I’m in favour of it, in case anyone is wondering). Then I asked myself: why am I putting pressure on myself if it’s not good for me mentally? Nobody expects me to write these posts. Nobody wants me to jump into a pit of despair just so that they can read a new blog post. So I took a step back from the blog. I’m still new to this blogging malarkey and I’ve learned new things about myself in the process. Baby steps. I’ve learned not to mention not-yet-written blog posts on Twitter, that’s for sure! So I’m just going to ease myself back into it and see what happens. Later this week, I’m being interviewed for a podcast show about cancer. I’m really looking forward to it as I’m a talker! I’ll post a link here when it is available along with information about what the show is all about. I hope you’ll enjoy it! Oh, and I’m 34 in ten days. Never thought I’d get past 32 or maybe 33 if I was really lucky. So, YAY! Bye for now. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, after reading this I thought I'd mention that I actually read your blog. I wouldn't say that I "enjoy" reading it, not the right word, but I somehow find it important and it gets me to think about a bunch of things. I'm not a cancer (or terminally ill) patient so it may sound odd that I follow you but who cares, I just find it insightful.

    This isn't meant to motivate you to write more or anything. I just appreciate what you're doing here. Thank you.

    Pavel

    ReplyDelete