My Story

Tuesday 24 April 2018

My Podcast Episode For REACH Beyond Cancer

A few months ago, I was contacted by Ciaran Fairman of the REACH Beyond Cancer website and asked if I would like to record an episode of his REACH podcast series. He had read my blog and liked my brutal honesty when it comes to living with terminal cancer. I thought about it for a few days and decided to go for it.

There were a number of factors behind my decision. I had recently watched a documentary about the September 11th attacks and in it, one of the widows of a firefighter who died that day said that she was glad that she had a surviving phone message from him. She said that people told her that you forget the sound of your loved one's voice and that she could easily believe that would have happened to her if she did not have the phone message. So, for a while I had been pondering recording my voice somehow for posterity. I also have a great ability to jabber on once I warm to my theme, so knew I'd have no problem answering questions on my cancer. Plus, I like to do anything I can to be of help to others in the same situation and help them feel less alone. So I thought it would be something else that would be out there in the blogosphere for other terminal cancer patients to consume.

With his REACH Beyond Cancer website, Ciaran aims to show how exercise can aid recovery from cancer, build strength in cancer patients that will help them through the treatments, and improve survivorship. The podcast series includes interviews with nutrition and exercise experts, scientists and cancer patients.

The links to both my podcast episode and the REACH website are below:

I'm episode 38:  http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-38-crazy-cancer-lady-living-with-terminal-cancer/id1223832935?i=1000409059753&mt=2

The REACH website: https://www.reachbeyondcancer.com

I hope you enjoy it!


4 comments:

  1. Just finished up the podcast. Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you for your sincerity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Skyler, I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I aim for sincerity even if it’s scary subject matter!

      Delete
  2. Interesting, candid, real interview. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re very welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete